Music4Malawi is a music and creative resource sharing platform – aiming at building capacity of Malawian artists and creatives from and based in Malawi through interactive workshops, content development and distribution as well as a music showcase event.
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
The Music4Malawi training aims to empower musicians, producers, DJs, talent and event managers, media practitioners, artist stylists, and content creators through a comprehensive series of training and mentorship programs.
This call for applications is extended to musical creatives, and specifically:
5. Fashion Designers & Stylists
6. Digital Content Creators and Media Managers.
The selected participants will have access to the following training modules:
- Digi Savvy: Digital Skills Training
- Nyenyezi Fellowship: Entrepreneurship Training
- Kwathu Upgrade: Creative Training
In addition to the training programs, participants will be paired with experienced mentors from the creative industry. This mentorship opportunity will provide valuable guidance and insights to help participants refine their craft and navigate the music industry.
Furthermore, participants will have the chance to showcase their talents through networking and showcase events, providing them with a platform to connect with industry professionals and potential collaborators.
LIVE GRAND SHOWCASE
The trainees will have the opportunity to showcase their creations at the Music4Malawi Live Grand Showcase in December, 2023.
IMPORTANT DATES AND LOCATIONS
- Application deadline: 16/06/2023
- Shortlisted candidates notified: 28/06/2023
- Announcement of selected participants: 03/07/2023
- Training Commencement: 11/07/2023
The program will take place in Lilongwe Malawi at the Kwathu Innovation and Creative Centre located in Area 3, Plot #543.
APPLICATION DETAILS & PROCESS
- Applicants must be between 18 and 35 years old.
- Applicants should be either of the following; musicians, producers, talent and event managers, media practitioners, artist stylists, or content creators.
- Artists with skills in instruments such as drums, keyboards, and guitar playing will also be considered.
- Females are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Interested applicants should submit the following documents:
- A completed application form, available through this link. Participants will need to prepare a professional biography or resume highlighting relevant experience as well as a portfolio or samples of previous work.
- The application deadline is 16/06/2023, and late submissions will not be considered.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The final selection of participants will be based on merit, taking into account talent, potential, and commitment.
We encourage all eligible musicians and creatives in Malawi to seize this exceptional opportunity to develop their skills, gain industry knowledge, and connect with like-minded individuals.
WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
SPONSORS AND PARTNERS
The 2023 Music4Malawi Cohort is made possible with funding the Sound Connects Fund, an initiative by the Music In Africa Foundation (MIAF) and Goethe-Institut. The Sound Connects Fund is made possible with funding from the ACP-EU Culture Programme, a project implemented by the Secretariat of the African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Group of States and funded by the European Union (EU). The Fund is also co-funded by Goethe-Institut and Siemens Stiftung.
We are excited to provide this unique opportunity for 50 talented individuals in Malawi to enhance their skills and showcase their creative abilities at the Kwathu Innovation and Creative Centre in Lilongwe, Malawi.
For more information, please visit our website at music4malawi.com or nthafoundation.org. For any inquiries on sponsorship or partnership, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +265 991 85 07 49/+265 882 06 54 03.
Together, let us shape the future of Malawi’s vibrant music and creative industry.